(Florham Park, NJ)…Please note effective December 1, 2021, SSA Terminals in Seattle, WA isimplementing a supplemental storage charge for all import containers remaining on terminal longer than 4 days after the container is made available for pickup. The terminal will assess the charge directly to importers and is in response to congestion levels at the terminal caused by high inventories of dwelling loaded containers. Please visit the terminal website here for more information.
Charges will be assessed as follows:
1. No charges for free time (up to five working days after a container is available for delivery);
2. $50 per day for the next five days of storage thereafter (days 1-5 after free time);
3. $75 per day for the next five days of storage thereafter (days 6-10 after free time);
4. $100 per day for the next five days of storage thereafter (days 11-15 after free time); and
5. $150 per day for any days thereafter.
• The charge is separate and in addition to any Hamburg Süd demurrage charges and will be assessed directly to the importer of record.
• All charges must be paid prior to setting up an appointment to pick up containers. Payments can be made via credit card on e-Modal or check, money order, cashier’s check, ACH, or wire transfer via the terminal’s Salt Lake office. Fees will be calculated after the gate closure and available for payment after 9:00PM daily for the following day. E-mail addresses for questions or payments can be sent to: T18DWELLFEE@SSAMARINE.COM
• Hamburg Süd will guarantee these charges for any customers using our Hamburg Süd Preferred Trucker Store Door product. Customers moving on a Merchant Haulage bill of lading or Store Door moves under a Customer Preferred Trucker product must settle all charges with the terminal.
Please contact your Hamburg Süd representative with any questions that you may have.