Hamburg Süd is now offering new and efficient direct connections between the North Island of New Zealand, the South Island of New Zealand, and the Fijian ports of Suva and Lautoka.
Take advantage of our new Intra-Oceania “FERN” service and its many benefits:
- The service includes calls at the North Island ports of Tauranga and Auckland as well as direct connections to the three most important ports on the South Island: Timaru, Lyttelton and Nelson.
- What’s more, by reincorporating Port Nelson into our network, we will offer enhanced opportunities for imports and exports into and out of this important region for fruit, wine and forestry, amongst other production.
- The service offers two loops around the New Zealand coast: one loop from Tauranga and Auckland to Nelson, Timaru and Lyttelton; and a second loop out to Nelson and Timaru and back to Lyttelton before reconnecting to our mainline network in Tauranga.
- In addition, you will benefit from enhanced capacity from the New Zealand coastal ports to connect to our international service network as well as from the fact that we will operate two of our own vessels in this service together with Maersk, which will ensure the greatest flexibility possible.
- The new service will offer faster transit times to South-East Asia, India, the Middle East and Europe via the South-East Asian relay ports.
You will find more information in our FERN flyer and on the service profile on our website.
Our new service starts in March. Please do not hesitate to contact our experts. They are available to assist you at all times:
Hamburg Sud New Zealand Ltd.
Level 7, 52 Symonds Street, 1140 Auckland
Phone: +64 9 3773460
15 February 2021